CUPA: Concordia University Pensioner's Association: Spring Meeting 2012
Home << News Archive << Spring Meeting 2012
The Spring General Meeting of CUPA/ARUC was held on Thursday, April 26 in room HB-130, starting at 10:00. Our guest speaker was Amy Fish, of Maimonides Home, who spoke about how to complain effectively
Photo by Doreen Hutton President Bill Knitter shows appreciation to our speaker, Amy Fish
Amy Fish, who serves as ombudsperson for several health institutions, shared with us some tips about complaining effectively
- Keep calm.
- Be clear what you are complainin about.
- Concede when wrong. (And admit any wrongdoing on the way in.)
- Offer up one or more acceptable resolutions.
- Be ready to compromise. (Have a Plan B and Plan C.)
- Keep copies of everything. Get names at all stages. Take notes.
Ms. Fish invites everyone to visit her blog at http://complaintdepartmentblog.blogspot.ca